Greenwich Kinetics is equipped with state-of-the-art, non-surgical spinal decompression technology.
This non-invasive, painless treatment protocol utilizes advanced equipment to effectively relieve sciatica, back, and leg pain due to slipped and degenerative discs, along with other spinal conditions. It is the most popular conservative treatment alternative to invasive surgery or epidural steroid injections.
The decompression system utilized at Greenwich Kinetics — in conjunction with the doctor’s specialized expertise in flexion-distraction technique — is a unique combination that is vastly different from DRX, VAX-D, and traction-only devices.
The objective of this non-surgical treatment is to create negative pressure on the discs and facets…which reduces compression on the nerves. This is accomplished through the use of a specialized mechanical table that provides painless, gentle tractioning or “distraction” of the disc and facet joints. Its unique design allows the chiropractor to isolate the area of involvement. During the treatment, the doctor communicates with the patient to determine specifically where the traction should be directed. Flexing and circumducting the spine (spinal segments) in a gentle pumping action helps to restore natural function and minimize scar tissue adhesions.
Indications for non-surgical spinal decompression treatment:
- Herniated, prolapsed, “slipped” or bulging discs.
- Spinal stenosis.
- Degenerative or arthritic discs.
Distinctive features of the decompression system at Greenwich Kinetics:
- Unique combination of suction forces that allows discs and facets to recede back from the spinal cord, optimizing natural healing.
- Hands-on treatment by physician, along with moment-to-moment doctor/patient communication, allows for precision movements that are more efficient.
- Specialized equipment and technique enables specific direction of traction to the affected discs which targets damaged areas.
- Dr. Buonanno chose this particular apparatus and specialized technique over all the other technology available in the rehabilitation marketplace because of its proven effectiveness treating the spectrum of spinal disorders. This system is applied in a series of treatments, often delivering a significant degree of pain relief, along with actual structural correction, within a short time frame.
You don’t have to live with pain. If you’re considering surgery or pain management injections, first consider exploring this safe, conservative treatment protocol.
Call our Greenwich Kinetics office today at 203-661-6699 to schedule a complimentary review of your MRI results to determine if you are a candidate for flexion-distraction treatment.